Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Spears:
Thanks for your POV on Roger, but if Roger doesn't want to have a forum, it's up to him and I don't think he's any lesser a man for having or not having.
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">In my opinion he is a lesser man because he throws his weight around because of his workprinter everywhere he goes. I think it gives him an identity. Rather than just put it out there on one forum, and then be a human being on the other forums, he PROLONGS arguments that have even a minimal relationship to his workprinter. He's like Robert Conrad in those Energizer Battery commercials when Conrad dares somebody to "knock it off his shoulder"
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Spears:
Now maybe if he did have a forum it could be a tech support forum for his workprinter, but then again it could be viewed as a commercial for it.
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Not at all, it would be technically driven information based and useful to anyone curious about post production options. The Distinction with a Difference is that when Roger shows up on other forums, the need to discuss the workprinter would not be as necessary, and he could just be a regular guy not on the prowl against anyone who says anything that he doesn't agree with as it relates to his workprinter.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Spears:
Now as to him posting on forums about his product, if somebody mentions it and he being the creator and most knowledgable about it, he would be the best candidate to comment. If somebody has a problem with it he should be allowed to address that. If you made a video and somebody had problems and brought it up on the forum, shouldn't you be able to address that.
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Sometimes, there are newbie somebodies who just seemn to show up. Sometimes, the level of enthusism would be better served on an actual Workprinter forum rather than on all the other Super-8 forums.
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Spears:
I'm late to all the anomosity between you the other posters, but anybody can see that there is bad blood between you and them. My advice is that this debate be taken off-line via email or some other form of communications. Now that doesn't mean banning people, it just means that a public message should be sent by some third party to announce that this issue be taken off-line. (I could be that person.) I think it would be benefical to the Super-8 community as a whole so that the focus could come back to Super-8. The key to this is that the parties involved agree to keep the matter private and off the forums.
Anyway, that's my two cents.
Scott
<font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Careful Scott, you could be me! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
I did try that email thing once with Matt Pacini, who proceeded to lie about our correspendence, and then Matt brought it back onto the Brantley forum in quite a dramatic fashion.
However, I completely agree with your sentiment.
And I have no bad blood towards these individuals.
I do however see Roger behaving like Ken Starr this past week.
Just so you know Roger, I spent over $1,500 writing 6 editorials and actually paying for them to be put in a local newspaper that bashed Kenneth Starr and his treasonous activities against President Clinton. I'm sure not going to be intimidiated by your past weeks impersonation of Ken Starr.
But do the right thing Roger, get your own Workprinter forum and perhaps there will be a lot more productive super-8 communication from the various Super-8 forums, er messaging centers.